Awakening Impact Ministries (AIM’s) Statement of Faith is based on Father/Son theology with the addition of paterology and God’s original intention of sons and daughters.
Ibelieves the following as the fundamental beliefs as:
1. The Holy Scriptures.
- Both Old and New Testaments were written by holy men inspired by the Holy Spirit and are God’s revealed Word to man.
- Correctly translated, they are the sufficient infallible rule and guide to new-birth, daughter/sonship and all Christian worship and service.
(2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
2. There is only one true and living God.
- The Holy Scriptures teach us that there is only one true and living God, Yahweh, the Pre-Existing ”I AM”, the Creator of heaven and the earth, the Redeemer of mankind.
- That He has chosen to reveal Himself to man as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:11,Matthew 28:19, Luke 3:22).
3. The Lord is the one proper object of worship.
- The mode of His existence is a mystery that is opened through His Word when viewed through careful translation of the Old and New Testaments.
- He is the fountain of all perfection and happiness.
- He is glorified by the whole of creation and is worthy to be loved and served by all intelligence. (Jeremiah 10:10;, Exodus 34:14, Psalms 19:1-2, Psalms 145:10,Psalms 150:6).
4. The Creation of the World:
- God spoke into existence the world and all things that it contains for His own pleasure, and enjoyment of His creatures.
(Revelation 4:11, Genesis 1:1, Genesis 2:4-9, Job 38:4-11, John 1:1-5,
- Creation is looking earnestly for the revealing of the sons of God in glory now. (Romans 8:20-22).
5. Creation of Man:
- God created man in His image according to Genesis 1:26; as a triune being; consisting of the spirit, soul and the body.
6. The Fall of Created Sons and Daughters:
- Our first parents, created sons of God in their original state were upright. They desired to obey their creator and no preference or desire to transgress His will. They were then influenced and inclined by the serpent to disobey God’s commands. Previous to this, the only tendency of their nature was to do righteousness.
- In consequence of the first transgression; the state under which posterity of Adam had before the fall; they are not able to obey God to earn sonship, but are inclined to evil because sin entered the world.
- Sin is not inherited, but all sin and all persons except Jesus Christ develop a sin nature. Hence, none, by virtue of any natural goodness or righteousness and mere work of their own, can become the spiritual adopted children of God.
(Genesis 1:26-31;3:1-7; John 6:33; Romans 5:12-21, 1 Corinthians 2:14).
7. God’s Plan Through Jesus Christ:
- It was always God’s plan to have sons and daughters of God ONLY through Jesus Christ.
8. The Person of the Father:
- God’s primary revealed name before Christ is Yahweh (YHWH) (Exodus 3:14).
- All descriptors of Yahweh (or Jehovah) are relational and referred as ours, eg YHWH Jireh is God OUR Provider, (Genesis 22:14).
- Jesus’ major revelation was that God is OUR Father – Gk pater NOT mater. (Matthew 5:16).
- To know what the Father is like, we need to look at Jesus, (Hebrews 1:3).
- God is relational with mankind, especially His spiritual sons and daughters, (Genesis 18:16-33).
- God is covenant-keeping, (Jeremiah 31:30-34, Hebrews 8:8-12).
- God’s NATURE is unchanging – He is love, (1 John 4:16). Generous, (James 1:17, Luke 11:13). A consuming fire, (Exodus 24:17, Hebrews 12:29). Jealous, (Exodus 20:5 Matthew 21:12). Forgiving, (Exodus 34:7, Hebrews 8:12). Always good, (Exodus 33:19, Matthew 9:17).
- God’s ACTIONS are based on the active covenant. The New Covenant is active, so His actions and promise keepings are based on this, not the Old Covenant (Law).
- He lives inside His sons and daughters. (Ephesians 4:6).
9.The Person of Christ:
- That Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Man was born miraculously of the virgin Mary. (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31-35).
- He lived a sinless and righteous life (Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22),
learning obedience through what He suffered (Hebrews 5:8).
- That he came into the world to save men from guilt and condemnation. (John 3:15)
- Offering His blood as an atoning sacrifice.
(1 Corinthians 15:4; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Producing a New Covenant with man (Hebrews 9:16-17, 8:7-13).
- Making available to all who exercise faith in Him, eternal life and the gift of righteousness (Romans 5:17-18).
- His bodily resurrection from the cross: Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:51; 1 Corinthians 15:4).
- His exaltation to the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1 – 3).
- Also that His Divinity is proved from His titles, His attributes and His works (John 1:14; Luke 1:26-35; Acts 4:12, 16:31).
10. The Person of Holy Spirit:
- The scriptures ascribe to the Holy Spirit the attributes of an intelligent being’ He is God’ He guides, knows, gives information, commands, forbids, sends forth, reproves’ as the instrumental segments of the Godhead in the liberal dispersion of spiritual gifts’ and can be grieved, quenched and sinned against (Genesis 1:2; Mark 3:29; John 16:13; Acts 7:51; 10:19; 13:2; 1 Corinthians 2:11,12; 1 Thessalonians 5:19 and Ephesians 4:30).
- The works of God ascribed to the Holy Spirit: The creation; inspiration, giving life and satisfaction (Job 33:4; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 Corinthians 6:11).
- The grace of God, which brings reconciliation has appeared to all men, through the preaching of repentance and faith towards the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Man is saved by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the spirit, being justified by grace through faith, he becomes an heir of God according to the hope of eternal life
(Romans 10:13-15; Titus 2:1, 3:5-7; Ephesians 2:8).
12. The reconciling to God of sinners by Grace:
- Through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of calvary resulting in a New Covenant based on the atoning work of Jesus, by which we obtain the remission of sins.
(Ephesians 2:8,9; Hebrews 9:12; Romans 5:11),
- and entrance into the family of God (Romans 8:15),
- the Bride of Christ and the royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9).
13. The evidence of being a son or daughter of God:
- The inward evidence to the believer is the direct witness of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:16) in knowing God and Jesus. (Hebrews 8:11)
- The outward evidence to all men is a life of unconditional love, righteousness and true holiness demonstrated by the fruit of the spirit
(John 13:35; Galatians 5:22,23; Ephesians 4:24).
14. Water Baptism:
- The ordinance of baptism is the uniting into Christ and into His body, into His death, burial, resurrection and glorification as a son of God. The method of baptism will be by immersion into the Lord Jesus, the new christian is declared to the world that they have died with Jesus and they have also been raised with Him to new life and glorified sonship.
- It is the circumcision of the heart by faith and through the working of the Holy spirit of God (Matthew 28:19-20;16; ACTS 10:47,48; 2:38; 8:16, Romans6:3-4; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 2:12; 1 Corinthians 12:13).
15. The Lord’s supper:
- Consisting of the bread and the fruit of the vine, it is the symbol expressing the sharing of the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ; a memorial of His suffering and death and prophesying His coming.
- It is enjoined on all believers “until He comes” (John 6:48,51,53-57; 1 Corinthians 11:23-30).
16. Baptism in the Holy Ghost:
- All believers are entitled to, should ardently expect, and earnestly seek the promise of the Father UPON them, the baptism of the Holy Ghost (Luke 24;49) and fire according to the command of the Lord Jesus Christ. This was normal experience in the early Christian church.
- Believers are filled with Holy Ghost at new birth and the Holy Spirit comes upon then when baptised ing the Holy Spirit by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service in love (Acts 1:8)
- With it comes the endowment of power for life and service, and the bestowment of gifts and the uses in the work of the ministry (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 1Corinthians 12:1-31 ).
- The sign of speaking in tongues as a personal prayer language is available to all who believe for the encouragement of oneself.(Acts 2:4, 42,43. 10:44-46. 11:14-16. 15:7-9)..
- The gift of tongues is a different manifestation only given to some for the purpose of encouraging the church.
- An act of separation from that which is evil, and of a dedication unto God (Romans 12:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12).
- The scriptures teach that a life of holiness is essential, “without which no one can see God” (Hebrews 12:14).
- By power of the Holy Spirit, we are able to obey the command; ” Be holy, for I am Holy” (1 Peter 1:22; 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23).
- Holiness requires the fruit of the Spirit and is an enabling grace given to us from God (Titus 2:11-12; Hebrews 12:14-15).
18. The Church – The body of Christ:
- With Christ as the Head, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of the Great Commission and purpose.
- Each believer, born of Christ, is integral part of the church of the firstborn, whose name is written in heaven
(Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23).
19. The Fivefold Ministry:
- The church is to be taught and led by the gifts of Christ to the church: the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers for the purpose of all believers seeing and exercising their priestly and kingly ministry as outlined in (1 Peter 2: 5,9; Revelations 1: 6).
- The Five-fold ministry is to teach and train its people to do the work of the ministry; with maturity in mind (Ephesians 4:11-13).
20. Divine healing:
- Deliverance from sicknesses is provided for in the atonement and is privilege for all believers. (See Healing 101)
- The administration of laying of hands accompanied with anointing of oil for the healing of the sick shall be granted as request is made and need may require.
(Isa. 53:4-5; Matt. 8:16-17; Mk 16:17-18; Jas 5:15).
21. The Hope of Resurrection:
- The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ, and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord, is the imminent and blessed hope of the church
(1 Thessalonians 4:15,17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51).
22. Judgement of Satan:
- We believe in the reality, personality and eternal judgment of Satan and his angels:
(Mathew 25:41; Revelation 20:11-15).
23. The Biblical Form of Government:
- We believe in the Biblical form of Church Government – is theocratic, consisting of a senior minister under apostolic authority, who qualifies on the basis of the look of spiritual life and , domestic life, character and ability to rule along with plurality and eldership (1 Timothy 3 ).
24. The coming of the Lord:
- The second coming of Christ includes the visible return of Christ (Matthew 24:27,30; Revelation 1:7; Romans 1:26,27).
25. The Final Judgment:
- The wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever in not found written in the books of life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to the punishment in the lake of fire which is the second death (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20, 20:11-15).
26. The New Heavens and the New Earth:
- We according to this promise, look for the new heavens and new earth wherein dwells righteousness (2 Peter 3:10-3; Revelation 21:1)
- The Church of Christ is the instrument – which God is using to extend His Kingdom prior to the second coming of Christ (Ephesians 3:10; Mathew 16:18-19; Ephesians 1:20-23)
27. Every believer must be subject to God’s Authority:
- In a specific local church for spiritual protection and long-term fruitfulness.
28. Holy Matrimony:
Each believer may marry only one wife or husband.
Marriage condition is part of the decision on leadership potential.
Where a person is already in a polygamous marriage in a country where polygamy is legal, that person is not required to divorce their wives, (due to unfairness to the wife if they will not be looked after) but may not enter into a place of leadershp in a church. (1 Timothy 3:2,12; Titus 1:6).
Homosexual marriage although legal in some countries is not considered marriage in the eyes of God.(Genesis 2:24).
© Use by Permission Awakening Impact Ministries